9.24.2012

"Hellerrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!"

Sorry for the title...couldn't come up with a good one so Rene gave me this. Everyone loves Madea, am I right?

This past week and weekend were pretty successful in my opinion. Here's a quick recap of what's been going on the past 10 days....
  • went to campus (almost) everyday! 
  • spent hours waiting at the bank, electric company and internet company. (Praise the Lord Karly and I were able to change our contract with our wifi. Instead of an 18 month contract it's 12, we have a cheaper bill, and it's unlimited access. Downside: it's slow. But still praising the Lord for providing and answering our prayers in His own way. We will only have to pay for 2 months when we leave next July as opposed to the 8 months. YES!)
  • Vida students have been teaching us different Spanish phrases and words. It's quite comical. So thankful that they are so gracious to us as we learn the best we can. 
  • met our Spanish tutor. We start classes tomorrow! Not too thrilled about our classes being from 7-9pm, but you gotta do what you gotta do. 
  • Got stuck in the elevator at our apartment. See Karly's blog for details and video. (give her a couple of days and check back. She's eating ice cream right now.) 
  • got lost on Friday night....but then we were figured out where we were. Changed our plans for dinner and ended up at Johnny Rockets. Yep. We are lame Americans. 
  • cleaned the apartment Saturday morning and did laundry for the first time! I'm very thankful that it's pretty warm in our apartment and we have nice breeze because my clothes dried pretty fast. I can do life without the luxury of a drier. The guys apartment has one if I do ever need one.  :) 
  • Had a girls day and went to the biggest mall I've ever been in in my life! FIVE STORIES! It just opened (last month?). Went into the biggest ZARA I've ever seen too (women's, men's, kid's, and Home!). Found a store that was like a Pier1 and Bed, Bath and Beyond rolled into one. It was beautiful (and slightly expensive). No worries, I'll register there for all my Christmas presents. :) Oh, and there is a mini theme park called Scream Land. Oh, aaaaaaand I ate a Dulce de Leche Cinnabon. Absolutely delectable! :) 
  • Made my second trip to IKEA! My favorite purchase was a candle that smells like fall! It makes me so happy! And bowls. Eating cereal out of a plate-bowl that's more plate than bowl is very difficult, but now we have 3 actual bowls and it's delightful! 
  • I played hooky church on Sunday. Exhausted from Saturday's events and desperately wanting to listen to a sermon that's in a language I understand, I decided to have my own little worship sesh. It was so good to hear the familiar voice of Daron Taylor at City Church. (I really miss my church, btw.)
  • Skyped with my Nana (and my family). She's the cutest thing ever. I miss her. I also FaceTimed with my seester and Skyped with my BFF (shout out to CB!) 
  • Today was a Dominican holiday. Lady of Mercedes Day (?) Not 100% what this holiday actually is but the university was closed so we decided it would be a great day to spend with the Lord. (Working with Cru, this is the one day of the month that I look forward to with much anticipation! I love that my job requires that I take an entire day to rest and focus on Jesus. It's so refreshing!) I journaled, listened to worship music (current favorite track: God is Able by Hillsong), listened to not one, not two, but three sermons about 1 Peter. St. Andrew's Mt. Pleasant and City Church are going through the letter and started last week so I needed to catch up. I absolutely love listening to Steve Wood, Anthony Kowbeidu, and Todd Simonis. Wise and anointed men of God right there. Looking forward to what the Lord will say through them over the next couple of months. 
Well, that brings you up to speed on my life so far. How are y'all? Would love to hear from you! How can I be praying for you? 


abrazos y besos, 
Shannon 


No comments:

Post a Comment