12.06.2011

Time flies...

You're probably thinking, "Why does she even have a blog if she never updates it?" I know I think that sometimes too. And I am sorry that it has been a while. Maybe I should make it one of my New Year's Resolutions to update my blog once a week. Ha. Let's not kid ourselves. Like most New Year's Resolutions it'll last maybe 3 weeks and then back to normal I go. I'll figure something out to better keep you in the know of what's going on in my life and in ministry. I can't promise you I won't fail you again. Hopefully you get my monthly newsletter, I'll never not send one of those every month. If you don't get my newsletter but would like to, shoot me a quick email and we'll make it happen.


I still cannot believe how fast this semester has flown by. It feels like yesterday I just reported to campus. I feel like I was just getting started. Good thing there is next semester. I'm so looking forward to it. Yes, already. :)


Our students have blown me away by how much they have stepped up and really own the ministry at CofC. They are aligned to our vision of reaching lost students and turning them into Christ-centered laborers. I am deeply encouraged by their willingness to serve and their desire to see their peers know Christ. Just last night we gathered the student leaders and evaluated this semester and brought to attention things we need to grow in. Listening to their ideas of how to grow our movement got me super stoked about next semester and what the Lord is going to do. They've got passion.


For the last Bible study of the semester, we decided to go to Kaminsky's for some dessert. If you've never been to Kaminsky's on Market Street downtown, you've gotta go! They have THE best desserts. My personal favorite is the Tollhouse Cookie Pie. It's so delicious! Here are a few pics of my sweet freshman girls that have been such a joy to lead this semester. Not all of them could make it, but I love them the same.
We took a stroll through Charleston Place Hotel on our way to Market St. It was so pretty!


Tollhouse. Cookie. Pie. with ice cream of course!
Now that the semester is over and students will be going home for Christmas, you may be wondering what I do now. Well, for one, I'm taking this time to rest. Not physically (don't get me wrong, I need some of that too), but spiritually. Being in full time ministry is exhausting on so many levels and I need to spend some sweet quality time with Jesus to be filled up again before next semester. I've got a few books to read as well to help rejuvenate me. I'm also raising financial support. Even though I did it for a whole year, it's still a major part of my ministry and I've lost a good amount just in the past couple of months. But no worries, the Lord has provided once and I'm sure He will continue. He is faithful.


Two days after Christmas I'll be heading to Greensboro, NC for Encounter. I've been going for 8 years straight. 4 as a student and now 4 as staff. Crazy! This conference is for all of the students in the MidSouth region (SC, NC, KY, TN, WV). It's a good time to 1. get away from family. I mean being home is fun and all, but after Christmas what are you going to do for two weeks before going back to school? You miss your college friends. and 2. be refreshed in the Lord and grow by hearing from different speakers like Rick James and Marian Jordan, break out sessions, and learning about what God is doing through Cru all over the world and how you can be involved in reaching the nations and your campus with the gospel. Did I mention there is a major blow out New Year's Eve Party? It's pretty amazing.




That's all I got for now.


Peace,

No comments:

Post a Comment