10.17.2011

ooops, I did it again...

I forgot to update my blog, again. Fail. Epic fail. I really do think about it. Pretty much every week, I say, "I need to update my blog." But then life happens, and I forget. Perhaps I should start writing it down in my planner and scheduling time to do it every week. I'll try that. It's Fall Break for CofC so I finally have time to get some administrative things done.

For now, I'll bring you up to speed on what's going on in my life. I just sent out my prayer letter so you'll read all about Fall Getaway (unless you don't get my prayer letters, then you can just ask me and I'll send it to you). Here are a few moments I captured that aren't in the letter.
Bobbing for apples in a wheelbarrow that I'm pretty sure is used for carrying trash.

Partyin' partyin' YEAH!

Sweet, sweet USC-B friends!

Vida! I get really excited when I see students wearing their Argentina shirts.

My partner in crime...always.

My new Coastal Carolina friends!
Quick recap of Fall Getaway: It was by far the BEST I've been to. There were close to 300 students from Upstate SC, Charlotte Metro, and SC Lowcountry. Jeff Hardy was an incredible speaker and brought the Word! Made a lot of friends. Students from Coastal Carolina came! This is exciting because of how the Lord raised up a volunteer and a student to start Cru at Coastal after many years of praying for inroads into this University. Thrilled to be a part of what God is going to do on that campus! Got to hang out with some of my favorite fellow staff that I don't see very often. Climbed the rock wall until my hands started cramping. Went down the Zip line, which is always an adrenaline rush. Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure the Lord changed some lives that weekend too. Overall it was pretty amazing, I'd say.

Since Fall Getaway, things have been busy of course, and the Lord is doing incredible things on our campuses. Last week I was in Knoxville, TN for a Launching and Building Workshop. I love these kinds of conferences because I learn so much and get to see my best friends that are on staff too! Because our ministry in the Lowcountry has expanded so much (launching at USC-B, Coastal and AIA-Athletes in Action, and IMPACT-our African American ministry) I learned a lot about "building where we are and going where we are not." Even though Cru has a presence on 4 campuses, there are still about 20 more we could potentially be on in the coming years. Isn't that exciting? I learned about diskypleship. What is that you ask? Well, it's discipleship, but instead of driving 2 hours to Beaufort of Coastal, you do discipleship over Skype. It's kind of like we are in the same room, but not. Super cool. Can't wait to try it! Our motto lately has been "work smarter, not harder." Genius.

Last weekend, I went to the USC vs. KY game. It was so much fun! I'm pretty sure I've never had a bad time at a Carolina game. I was also with one of my very best friends, Megan. Unfortunately, she was wearing the wrong colors that day. She went to school in Kentucky, but now lives in SC. I also made two new friends!
Me, Megan, Lucy, and Becca at Williams-Brice

What a beautiful sight! I love SC!

Daddy!

Momma! Don't let her black fool you. She's a Clemson fan.

We found out we are ADPi sisters! <>

The only thing this picture is missing is Emily.



Sadly, no pics from Knoxville. Maybe I'll try take some pics this weekend at summer project reunion in Asheville. I desperately need a camera. Or an iPhone 4S. I'll settle for that. :)  

That's all I got.



Peace,

No comments:

Post a Comment