1.06.2012

It's A Happy New Year...

For the past 8 years, a few days after Christmas, I head to Greensboro, NC for a 5 day conference with 1,000 college students from around our region. As a student this conference had significant impact on my spiritual growth and even now, as a Cru staff, it still holds significance in my life.

For the past two years, I've had the joy of serving staff parents by spending the week with middle/high school kids. These kids are so precious and genuinely love the Lord. We had a lot of fun ice skating, bowling, playing kickball, going to the movies, playing games and most importantly digging into the Word together. This year we joined a team of students on the Day of Faith (outreach). We went to a nursing home to spend time with the elderly and share with them the love of Christ.

It was so precious to see these sweet kids interact with the elderly, who's family may not visit often or regularly. I was encouraged by the two eleven year old girls I was with and how they genuinely love people and their boldness. They even asked one gentleman to dance with them. So cute! Prior to going to the nursing home, we did a brief evangelism training with the kids. They were so ready to share Jesus with these people! One of them asked "Louise, do you know Jesus?" We had fun singing "Jesus loves me" with Louise and asking about her family and her life.

I later found out that they placed us in the dementia ward. Oh well, it was fun.Here of some pictures of our fun-filled week:
The boys...can I just add that we beat them in bowling...just one game and maybe some of us had bumpers, but still...

Jenna looks like a Who!

Sweet girls dancing with Uncle Bob at the nursing home

Avid bowlers

getting their ice skating on!

One of my favorite things at this conference is praying in the New Year and then praisin' Jesus...
Prayin'
Worshipin'


And then there was the New Years party...
It was pretty epic

I typically enjoy even number years and I'm sure 2012 will be a pretty good one. I'm already looking forward to a few things....

In 8 days, my brother gets on a plane to spend the next 7 months in Montrouis, Haiti. He spent a week in Haiti with Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (SEBTS) in October, his first time ever leaving the US! He is serving with Cannan Christian Community by updating their website to be more user/giving friendly and bring awareness to what the community is doing to reach people with the gospel. I am super proud of my older brother for taking this step of faith and trusting the Lord. To read more about what he'll be doing click here.

In February, Cru is hosting an evangelistic event called "Girl's Night Out" with author/speaker Marian Jordan. This has been a dream of mine since I moved to Charleston to do ministry full time with college students. Marian has a huge heart for reaching young women for Christ through her ministry, Redeemed Girl Ministries. She travels and speaks to college women about her story of God redeeming her life. I am excited to see how the Lord will use this event to draw students into a relationship with Himself.

In September, God willing, I will get on a plane to spend 14 months in Buenos Aires, Argentina serving the Lord with Cru/Vida Estudiantil. Can't wait! A lot can happen between now and then and I'm trusting in the Lord's leading and Sovereignty through it all.

I know the Lord has a lot in store for 2012 and I'm looking forward to how we get to be a part of it! 


Joyfully yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment