8.28.2012

Leaving soon...hopefully!


I really need to stop forgetting I have a blog! I pray that you would forgive me for not updating this more often. My life hasn't been that interesting in my opinion, but you may have missed a few details of my whereabouts this summer. Here it goes in a nutshell...

Mid-July I went to Portland, Oregon (not a place that I really ever had a desire to go to) for STINT Team Leader Training. To describe Portland in a word: WEIRD! It was just weird. That's all I got. When that week was over, I hit the beach with my family for our first family vacation since I was in 7th grade! It was probably the most fun and relaxing week I've ever had. If you know anything about my family, we are pretty tight and enjoy spending time together. My brother's fiance (at the time) came with us and got to see the "real" Justice family. She didn't run away! We had a blast reminiscing the good ol' days when we'd go to Garden City to visit my Grandaddy Rock. It was a very nostalgic week. My brother was married a few weeks ago to the most fabulous Caroline. We are so thrilled that she is a part of our family!  The day after the wedding I got on a plane and headed to Chicago for STINT Briefing. This is a week long conference with everyone (mostly recent college grads) going on STINT around the world this year. It was probably my favorite Cru conference I've ever been to! Just imagine 400 missionaries getting ready to get on a plane to go share the gospel in the most unreached places on earth! AMAZING!

That's been my life the past couple of weeks.

I know that once I land in Santo Domingo I will have plenty to tell you! My team and are still waiting patiently as possible for our visas to arrive. Praying they will be here by the end of this week!

I am in panic mode. I have emailed/called/texted many of you to pray for my financial situation. I am still lacking the necessary funds in order to get on that plane September 8th. I am trusting the Lord for His provision and faithfulness in providing exactly what I need to serve Him this year in the Dominican Republic.

It would be an absolute act of God if I am able to leave on September 8th. Would you pray for that to happen? Pray that God would prompt people to give and be a part of expanding His Kingdom.

I just want to be there already! Here is a quick video that the STINT team last year made.



Faithfully yours, 
Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment