8.19.2011

So this is what it feels like...

After a full year of raising support, I am now a fully funded missionary!! I am continually praising the Lord for providing. As I reflect on this past year of blood, sweat, and tears (ohhhh the tears!) I am so thankful for the whole process of Ministry Partner Development (MPD). I learned so much about myself and the Lord. I learned how prideful I am and how so many times I felt as though I could handle anything without God. Boy, was I wrong. It took me a few months to realize my dependency was not coming from God at all. I was depending on myself and my success. Making every phone call, going to every appointment all on my own, without Him. Whoa. Hard lesson to learn. But, I learned how to completely be dependent on the Lord. I learned about how faithful and how good God is. God showed up in ways I never though imaginable. Needless to say, I serve an incredibly awesome God.

I now feel more prepared than ever for full-time ministry. Life has been a whirlwind since reporting last Thursday. My team and I have spent the past few days bonding, spending time with the Lord and planning for the semester ahead. I am so excited to see what God is going to do this year on college campuses in the SC Lowcountry!

Yesterday we loaded up the van and made the 2 hour trip down to Beaufort, SC to meet some freshmen at USC-B. We spent a few hours passing out water bottles and having students fill out spiritual interest surveys. Over 150 students filled out surveys! We ended the day with  a pizza party to share more about what Cru is at USC-B. About 20 students showed up for that and signed up for a Bible study. We are so excited to be launching a movement on this campus and are so thankful for the Lord answering our prayer of expanding our ministry in the Lowcountry. We'll be going to USC-B every Wednesday to lead Bible studies and share our faith.
Celeste and I with our pizza box top list of students interested in Bible Studies at USC-B!
This weekend is our student Leadership Retreat at Camp St. Christopher. I am so excited to meet students I haven't met yet and connect with students that I already know. Of course, I'm excited to be at Camp! St. Christopher has such a special place in my heart and I love any opportunity to make it down to Seabrook Island. I pray that our students will connect with the Lord (how can you not at this place?) and prepare well for our upcoming week at CofC and CSU. 
Camp Baby Camp!

I love my job,



No comments:

Post a Comment