12.31.2012

See ya, 2012!


¡Feliz Año Nuevo! 

(Happy New Year!)

As I was thinking about what I should post (since I haven't been doing a whole lot worth posting about) I was thinking about 2012 and the events that happened in my life, some good and some not so good. Here's a brief synopsis of my life the past 12 months...

January- Brought in the New Year at Encounter for the 8th year in a row. Visited my best friend from college in her hometown of Belmont, NC. Sent my brother (and his new "friend"-who-would-become-his-wife-8monthslater) to Haiti for 6 months.

                                           

February- My sweet Granny past away. So glad I was able to see her at Christmas to take this awesome picture.

March- Participated in Water Missions International Walk for Water with some pretty cool College of Charleston students. Took my first (and last) Greyhound bus ride to New York City for Spring Break with 18 crazy college students. 



                              


April- Met some of my STINT team at a conference. Experienced one of the most scariest things in my life..watching my next door neighbors house catch on fire. No joke. 

                          

May- Said my goodbyes to these sweet students in Charleston. Found out that I would not be going to Argentina for STINT but Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic instead. Learned a lot about God's Sovereignty this month. 




June- Saw one of my favorite bands, Lady Antebellum, in Charlotte with one of my favorite people, my seester! 
             

July- Took my first trip west, to Portland, Oregon for STINT team leader training. Enjoyed my first real vacation with my family in Garden City Beach. 

          

August- My brother got hitched!! Went to Chicago (loved it) for STINT briefing. 



                 


September- Spent my last weekend in the US with my best friends at the lake. Got on a plane and MOVED to the Dominican Republic!


                          

October- Still adjusting to life overseas. We had our first visitors! A team from Texas came to shoot a Global Missions video. We also got locked out of our apartment and ate a pint of ice cream while we waited for a key. 


Novemeber- Took a trip to Santiago, Dominican Republic with Vida Estudiantil. Celebrated my first holiday away from home. I would have the say the highlight of this month was having my parents come and visit me for a weekend!

                               

December- Celebrated the end of the year with Vida students at their annual Cena de Navidad. Went to a cool place with caves in Santo Domingo called Los Tres Ojos. Celebrated Christmas with my team (of which we did not take ONE picture, oops!) 




2012 has been a good year with many adventures and unexpected turns. I am thankful for all the Lord taught me this year (though very hard at times) Most importantly, I am thankful for how I have experienced His grace and love. 

Bring it on, 2013!

peace, 









No comments:

Post a Comment